- full- and part-time
- anual salary from € 55.000
- participation in the company's success via bonus scheme
- mathematical modelling
- linear programming (LP, MILP)
- MS Word, Excel & Powerpoint
- English / German
- desirable: Python / R
- flexible working hours
- continuing education
- company smartphone
- job ticket
- fresh fruits & coffee
WECOM can offer this know-how and is looking for you to strengthen the team! For more than 20 years, we have been working with leading representatives of the European energy industry to help shape and master this fundamental transition. Our field of activities is broad and diverse. It ranges from decarbonisation strategies for energy companies at all levels of the value chain to methods in energy trading and the ongoing advancement of regulatory frameworks for the liberalisation of energy markets across Europe. In these areas, we are one of the most respected players in the industry.
To strengthen our team, we are looking for new colleagues who combine a mathematical background with a lot of positive energy and a sense of humour to immediately join us at our headquarters in the city centre of Vienna!
This vacancy is also explicitly addressed to career starters. We know that it can be tough to get started, which is why we support you in your work and professional development through close personal collaboration with experienced colleagues in our project teams.
Together in a team, you may work on the following exemplary topics, whereby the focus will be set according to your education and experience:
- Economic analysis and quantitative modelling of energy markets (gas and electricity - production, storage, grids, consumption), answering microeconomic, regulatory and competition-economic questions.
- Computation of the optimal design of decarbonised energy systems for entire countries using advanced mathematical optimisation methods
- Optimisation of investment decisions of energy producers (e.g. in wind farms, biogas plants, etc.) against the background of decarbonisation requirements, economic goals and regulatory framework conditions
- Development and review of regulations for the advancement of energy markets
- Modelling of energy transport processes taking into account the physical/technical constraints of the available networks
From successful applicants we expect:
- a degree in mathematics with distinction
- willingness to get involved in the finer details of problems and the ability to keep an eye on the big picture while doing so
- joy in and a strong ability for quantitative, data-driven thinking
- interest in renewable energies and future energy systems for Austria and Europe
- curiosity and willingness to think beyond the scope of purely technical / economic problems and to contribute to their solution
- enjoyment of and ability to work in a team
- very good communication skills, both written and spoken, in German and English
Your career at WECOM is determined entirely by your performance and leads from initial participation in project teams to project management with full responsibility. At all levels of the career ladder, we offer well above-average salaries with a workload that still leaves you time to live.
Please send your application (curriculum vitae, university and secondary school certificates, references if applicable) with details of the earliest possible starting date to email@example.com.
You are also welcome to send any queries to this address.
We are looking forward to getting to know you - look forward to get to know WECOM!